|Engine:||L Head, 4 Cylinder|
|Suspension||4-WD, 4 Leaf Springs|
|Transmission:||T-84, 3 Speed|
|Vehicle Dimensions:||Ground Clearance - 11 inches
Loading Height: - 56 inches
Pintle Height, Loaded - 25 Inches
|Owner:||Ed and Emily Chidlaw|
Restoration started in Wyoming and Colorado and finished in California. It has been owned by the Pierettis of San Francisco, Wallace Nissen of Creston, and Thomas Cameron Jr, of Paso Robles. The present owner, Ed and Emily Chidlaw, of Atascadero, purchased the jeep February 10, 2005. Some mechanical and cosmetic work was done by the Chitlaws to bring it to its present condition. The original restoration was a 1005 professional "frame up" restoration with all NOS or original rebuilt parts, all dated 1942. The jeep was, and is, of true museum quality.
The first prototype "Jeep" was built by American Bantam Car Company of Butler, PA, on September 23, 1940, persuant to a request from the Army. They built a total of 2675 jeeps and because of limited capacity, Willys-Overland and Ford Motor Company built the rest of the jeeps during the war. A total of 647,870 were delivered to the Army, Navy and Marines. Willys built 362,841 and Ford built 281,448. The last Willys wartime jeep was delivered to the Army on August 20, 1945. All of the jeeps, Willys or Ford, were built to the same specification so that all parts would be interchangeable.