|License # Serial #:||HV399P|
|Engine:||Flat-Hed 6-cylinder 217 cu. inch|
|Transmission:||4 forward/1 reverse, manual|
|Width:||75 3/4 inches|
|Horse Power:||99 @ 3,000 rpm|
|Tank Capacity:||15 Gallons|
|Drive Train / Axels||4 x 4|
|Status:||Static Display Actively represents EWM at community events|
|Owner:||Estrella Warbird Museum|
Dodge began producing light trucks immediately upon its formation in 1914. For the first few years these were based largely on the existing passenger cars, later specific chassis and body designs were used. Light- and medium-duty models were offered first, then a heavy-duty range was added during the 1930s and 1940s. Dodge produced its first prototypes of dedicated military trucks in late 1939: the 1/2 ton 4x4 VC series. Production of the VC series started in 1940. At the outset of World War II, Dodge produced the G-505 WC ½ ton series of military light trucks in 38 individual models, thousands of some models were produced, while only a few of some others were made. The WC ½ ton trucks replaced the 1940 VC-1 to VC-6 ½ton Dodge trucks which were also part of the G505 series. 79,771 of the ½ ton trucks were produced during late 1940–1942 under War Department contracts. WC models 1 to 50 were part of the 1/2 ton range and were 80% interchangeable in service parts with the later 3/4 ton models.
The WC-22 was an open cab weapons carrier, with Braden MU winch, and transverse seats, designed to tow the M3 anti-tank cannon as well as carry the gun crew and ammunition. This type was usually issued to early tank destroyer units. 5570 built.